oceanfront setting with historic buildings and cobblestoned streets;
fresh seafood with great sunsets from the many restaurants; great
Puerta Vallarta Highlights from AAA
- Population: Approx. 160,900.
- Location: Bay of Banderas, Pacific Coast of Mexico.
- Weather: Balmy year-round with daytime temps in the 80's - 90's; evening tems in the low 60's - 70's.
- High Season: December thru end of April.
- Currency Exchange: Banking hours 9AM-1:30PM;
currency exchange offices may provide better exchange rates and hours
vary; American currency is accepted at many businesses.
- ATM's: ATM's are available in pesos, only.
- Newspapers: Vallarta Today published in English and is available daily.
- Tourist Office: PV Tourist Office is located at City Hall (Presidencia Municipal) building.
Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International Airport (322)221-1298
- Located: 4 miles north of downtown Puerto Vallarta
- Airlines: Aeromexico (800) 021-4010, Alaska
Airlines, American Airlines (800)904-6000, AmericanWest, Continental
Airlines (800)900-5000, Delta Airlines (800)902-2100, Mexicana Airlines
(322)224-8900; charter flights from Canada (phone numbers are for
calling within Mexico).
- Customs: located in the baggage claim area; beyond customs is the main airport lobby.
- Ground Transportation: just beyond the main lobby and the customs area, you can make arrangements for ground transportation:
- Minivans provide shared transportation from the
airport to your hotel; tickets must be purchased at the Minivan and Taxi
booths just outside the terminal; minivans leave the airport when full.
- Taxis are available with fares based on zones; you can check your zone by referring to the chart at the Minivan and Taxi booths.
Businesses Hotels Lodging Night Clubs Restaurants Tours